Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sightseeing in my transport chair

(an older post that was never posted..)

I decided that since long walks were no longer an option for me, I would rent a transport chair so that my husband could move me around when needed to avoid my constant rest stops; yet, still allow me to get up and walk when we reached interesting sights to investigate, like shops where I could meander through the goods for sale and drop a dime or two;-)

Last weekend it also provided us with another use - go to a baseball game at Fenway in the rain! My husband rolled me into the park, and since it was raining - with a rain delay on the game - he took the opportunity to wheel me around the food and beer area so I could see all the changes that have been built into the stadium over the years. So much of the building has become handicap-friendly: no more stairs everywhere with no ramps. It was such a nice night even though the Red Sox lost to the Braves:-(

Before, I had to quickly find a place to sit. Now, I'm sitting on my own personal magic carpet:-)

Always keep your mind open for options! I've purchased this chair for my future adventures;-)

Andrea

2 comments: